Tuesday, March 20, 2012

AMFW Finale - 100th post

This year Arise Magazine Fashion Week's finale was about honoring the 22 years of work of Ghanaian-descendant British couturier Ozwald Boateng.


He was the first tailor to have his show at Paris Fashion Week in 1994, three years after opening his own studio in West London. Ever since, he has worked and been recognized worldwide by his peers in the industry.

Before accepting the Lifetime Achievement Award Arise Magazine and many of his fellows assigned to him, he presented a Japan inspired collection.
 I’ve taken an Asian theme from back in 1990 when I took one of my first collections to Japan, and the people there were very supportive. I did an installation in my Savile Row store during London Fashion Week last month using all Japanese models with long hair. When this opportunity came up I thought about bringing those models with me but that’s not what it’s about, we’re in Africa so I’m bringing my African roots to the collection.
He then received a warm standing ovation, all magnificiently suited up  in his green and yellow outfit along with an African woven fan. The embodiment of the word "chic".





And this is my 100th post ! 
A great coincidence, my own tribute to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment