Tuesday, August 16, 2011

That Model

Let me introduce you to Salieu Jalloh, or should I say "re-introduce" because you might have seen his face on many editorials, ad campaigns, runways or on BET's reality show Model City (where I discovered him).

180 Mag - By Shaugn Crawford


Salieu was born and partly grew up in Guinea-Conakry (he is NOT Sierra Leonan as stated everywhere on the Internet !), and was discovered in the streets of NYC by men's agent George Brown, from Red Model Management in 2008.
For the past three years, the 21 year-old have been featured everywhere and has since been labeled the "best black male model" in the industry. And when I say "everywhere", I mean EVERYWHERE. Ads for Benetton, Sean John or Bloomindale; editorials for Vogue, GQ, The New York Times, Arise Magazine, Wonderland Mag, Fiasco Mag, Tommy Hilfiger, Io Donna, Lanvin; runway shows for Y-3, Marc Jacobs, Thom Browne.... Too name a few ! He has got a pretty impressive portfolio, filled with beautiful shots.

And I restrained myself because I could post like 100 pictures of his right now ! Just don't get tired of his face already. I personnally will not, for sure.

 Wonderland Mag - By Paul Maffi
Thom Browne S/S '11 - By Benny Horne
Fiasco Magazine - By Zachery Michael

The New York Times - By Richard Phibbs


Fiasco Magazine - By Jason Mickle
Dansk Magazine - By Kevin Mackintosh

1 comment: