Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Christian Louboutin x Ndebele people

Do I need to present this brand ? Of course not. But I've been wanting to post this article even before I started this blog. I did not because I was looking for a pair of sneakers I wanted to associate to it; I'm still unable to find them so...





This shoe, named Ulona, immediatly reminded me of something when I first saw it. But I couldn't tell what.
A long while after, I was at the bookstore leafing through a book about tribes around the world, when I came across the page about the impressive Ndebele tribe, from South Africa. I knew they recalled me something but couldn't tell what.
Finally it hit me: Ulona was created from the Ndebele style ! The patterns are reminiscent of the paintings Ndebele women are well-known for, and the rings represent the ones they carry around their neck, arms and legs.
That's genius, Mr Louboutin !



6 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I've already seen thoses shoes...just amazing, love it!
    Your poste was really interesting ;)
    xoxo
    Stéphanie

    http://stephanieblogmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! And great post, I can definitely see the inspiration from the Ndebele tribe in these shoes!!!

    feel free to check out my blog:
    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic
    my theseis all about that...
    africans inspiration in fashion world...
    ill talk about it
    =)
    thx

    xxx
    www.goldeneeseblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad y'all appreciate this post ! Feel free to share.
    I went through your 3 blogs and I like them alot ! For real this aint no blah blah ! So I'll stay tuned.
    And @V.Mango: wishing you the better luck for your thesis, that's hell of a nice subject !

    ReplyDelete
  5. please tell me how much those shoes are and where i can find them in SA

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what the shoe design, i can crack that definatief, mooi!!!!

    ReplyDelete